Property maintenance solution provider, Help me Fix, claim that London is still a dominant force in the build-to-rent market.
Since the Covid-19, pandemic market trends in the rental market have changed. Many prospective tenants now seek higher quality living through well-managed rental accommodation.
The UK build to rent market
The UK has seen 28,065 build-to-rent properties built from Q1 2020 to Q1 2022. This is 19% more than the two years leading to the start of the pandemic.
With a 35% increase in market stock since the start of 2020, the capital of England has seen the most success in the build to rent sector during this time.
48% of all post-pandemic completions are in London, while the rest of the UK accounts for 52%.
Help me Fix reveal that across London, more than 13,000 build-to-rent units have been completed over the last two years.
Founder of Help me Fix, Ettan Bazil, said: “Although momentum has continued to grow across the build-to-rent sector since the start of the pandemic, this is a trend that has been materialising for some years now.”
“But while the nation’s rental market residents have long recognised the benefits of this tailored offering, it’s fair to say that the events of the past two years have certainly increased appetites for higher quality, well managed rental accommodation, providing the additional benefit of longer term certainty and security.”
“Not only does this longer term solution provide greater security, but this blend between rental market flexibility and the managed approach of the new-build sector are increasing the quality of living within the rental sector.”
“When you couple this with a focus on lifestyle, with build-to-rent developments providing greater levels of on-site amenities and green space areas, it’s easy to see why the pandemic has spurred an uplift in popularity.”