FinTech supplier Mortgage Brain has partnered with HSBC UK to host a free online masterclass on self-employed lending.
Taking place on February 14 at 11am this webinar will be hosted by Mortgage Brain’s national accounts manager Katie Thompson with special guest Laura Underdown, the corporate account manager at HSBC UK.
Attendees will have the opportunity to put questions regarding the complications that self-employed individuals face when securing a mortgage.
A publicity statement for the webinar says: “In the current economic environment, HSBC UK prides itself on taking an innovative approach to mortgage lending, focusing on the sensible use of salary and net profits rather than dividends for income assessment, helping more self-employed borrowers onto the property ladder.”
Highlights of the webinar are expected to be:
· Lending criteria: Get an in-depth understanding of the lending criteria for Sole Traders, Partnerships, and Limited Company Directors;
· Income assessment: Explore the advantages of using salary and net profits over dividends for a more accurate and beneficial income assessment;
· Packaging a mortgage case: Tips on how to present a mortgage case effectively and efficiently;
· Real-life case study: Analysis of a real-life self-employed mortgage case, offering practical insights;
· Q&A session: Opportunity to ask questions to Laura Underdown and Katie Thompson in a Q&A session.
Pollyanna Puddephat, the head of marketing at Mortgage Brain, says: “For any mortgage brokers looking to develop their expertise in self-employed lending, this free Criteria Masterclass is essential. Laura’s many years of experience and words of wisdom will help equip brokers with the knowledge and tools necessary to support their self-employed clients toward achieving their mortgage goals.”
Register here for this event